Tuesday 4 April 2017

Mobile Literacy



In the hustle and bustle of modern life, there are so many important elements of owning a smartphone. You might find yourself busy with a hectic schedule, and there are certain elements of your life that will need you to sort out  and organize

As i sat In class there was so mach going on my mind, like any born free technology has  become an integral part of my daily routines and it has made my life so much  easier as certain things which require my attention can be done just by a "Click of a button". Of which one of those things is being able to access the library and its resources by  not having to physically go to the library, as most of my time is spent at work. Now any information that I may require via websites and mobile devices. 



Image result for library 2.0This goes to show  how libraries have transformed in quest of providing and delivering services to library users. Library 2.0 has provided libraries with tools that have made library spaces interactive, collaborative which have been driven by community needs. However the real advantage for Library 2.0  can be achieved by adding advanced functionality and features directly to the content, this is according to Abram, 2005. More interestingly its believed that library schools curriculum lack advancement hence they need to introduce Web 2.0 courses into their curriculum, which will equip LIS professionals with skills and competencies that will be necessary to design dynamic and modern user orientated services.   




 Information just so useful available just by click a button .........

 QR Codes, here is useful a link which I thought it might be useful to us all🐡 Lets all start scanning!!














Me attending this class has made me realize how much work our public libraries librarians still need as we far from being competent when it comes to technology .........So be with me as I travel this journey of learning πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š


3 comments:

  1. I will try this out.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you're saying. Technology has become a huge part of life, which is both convenient and scary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldnt agree more, information is everywhere and we can just access it by a click of a button.

    ReplyDelete

Project:2

1 As a public librarian working with the public, quiet often our patrons come in looking for exciting reads or newly published books from ...